Docland was a game for the iPad that RES Interactive developed for a pediatrician who was looking for
custom games children could play while in the waiting room of his clinic. The CEO did the story and
basic character cut scene sketches. I handled most of the backgrounds, loading screen, UI,
finalizing characters and bird illustration/animations, as well as designing and creating the
I’ve created a UI Kit and quick prototype of the game UI. Links are here.
Below is a list of options you have while navigating the prototype.
- Loading Screen: The loading screen is on a delay and will automatically switch to the Start
- Start Screen: Both the Settings and Links menu buttons expand the menus. Audio and Music buttons
toggle. The Start Button takes you to the Stage Select Screen.
- Stage Select: Click the center Stage cart to continue to the Level Select screen or click back
to go back to the Start screen.
- Level Screen: Level 1 and 2 will take you to the In-Game UI screen. The Back button takes you to
the Stage Select screen.
- In Game UI: The Menu button opens the menu. The Home (Hospital) takes you to the start screen.
Return button resets the game, Level button takes you back to the previous Level screen and the
help button opens the first Tutorial screen. Clicking the menu’s edge or outside of the menu
will close the menu.